Following are the steps which need to be followed to fix error 20 on your HP printer.
- First, you need to verify if you are using the default printer and then go to ‘Printer and Faxes’ section.
- Go to the printer’s folder and check if the desired printer icon is present on the screen.
- If the icon is there, check if there is a right mark next to it which means the printer is set as default.
- If there is no mark, right-click on the printer and click on the ‘Set as default printer’ option.
- Then right-click the printer and select the option ‘print test page’.
- If the document is printing normally, it means the error has been removed or you can proceed to the next method or give a call at the HP support phone number.
- Here, you need to reinstall the USB device to check if the printer is working properly.
- Right-click on ‘My Computer’ and then select the ‘Properties’ option.
- Next, click on the Hardware tab and then go to ‘Device Manager’.
- In the device manager window, double-click on the heading universal serial bus controllers.
- Right-click on the USB composite device and then select uninstall and click ‘Ok’.
- Now, disconnect the USB cable from your system and then reconnect it.
- Now, install the required driver and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click on ‘Start’, select ‘Printer and Faxes’ to go to the printer folder.
- Find the icon of your HP printer and click on ‘print test page’ to print a self-test page. If the printing has been completed successfully, you can print a document.
For further help and support, you can directly talk to the technicians via HP printer support phone number.